HOME > FACULTY > DEPARTMENT FACULTY
Senior Lecturer (Japanese)
B.A. and M.A. Musashi University, M.Ed., Carthage College
Integration of computer technology into Japanese language education; development of web-based language materials; incorporation of film into foreign language curricula
- Japanese 1, 2, 3: Elementary Japanese
- Japanese 31, 33: Advanced Japanese
- Japanese 43: Laughter Brings Prosperity: From Kyogen to Haruki Murakami
- Japanese 43: Learning Japanese Through Mystery (2005)
- Ishida, Mayumi, "Incorporating Culture into Japanese 1 in the Target
Language": Proceedings of Twenty-fourth Annual Meeting of the Southeastern
Association of Teachers of Japanese (2009), 48-65.
- Ishida, Mayumi, "Effective Use of Wiki in Japanese Language Education":
Proceedings of Twenty-third Annual Conference of the Southeastern
Association of Teachers of Japanese (2008).
- Ishida, Mayumi, "Innovative Uses of Blogs in Japanese Language Pedagogy":
Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Computer Assisted Systems
for Teaching & Learning Japanese (2007), 143-144.
- Ishida, Mayumi and Omoto, Yasuhiro, "Newspaper and Show & Tell in 21st Century Classroom", Proceedings of Conference on Information Technology in Education, Pennsylvania: McGraw-Hill and Addison Wesley (2005), 150-155.
- Omoto, Yasuhiro, Ishida, Mayumi and Schneider, Keiko, "WebRing: Online Community for Japanese Language Educators", The Breeze No. 26 (2002), 2-3.
- Website: gonihongo.com
- Distinguished Lecturer Award, Dartmouth College (2006, 2001)
- Innovative Teaching Award, Dartmouth College (2002)