HOME > FACULTY > DEPARTMENT FACULTY
Assistant Professor (Arabic)
B.A., Brown University (Comparative Literature), 2004
Ph.D., New York University (Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies), 2013.
Joined the faculty in 2013.
- Medieval Arabic literary criticism and theory.
- Medieval Arabic literature.
- Medieval Persian literature and literary theory.
- The reception of Greek thought into Arabic.
- Non-Western conceptions of "literature" and the "literary".
- The question of the inimitability of the Quran.
- Modern Arabic literature and cinema.
- Arabic 61: Palestinian Literature and Cinema
- Arabic 62: Marvels and Wonder in Medieval Arabic Culture
- Arabic 42: Advanced Arabic (with focus on classical Arabic texts)
- Lara Harb is currently working on a book that investigates medieval Arabic understandings and theorizations of aesthetic experience in relation to both profane and divine texts.