HOME > FACULTY > DEPARTMENT FACULTY
BA, Oxford (French and German), 1971
Ph.D, London (Linguistics), 1974
- Joined the faculty in 1997
- Risk communications and labeling
Hebrew and Yiddish linguistics
Jewish and Israeli literature and culture
- AMEL 17/LING 11/AMES 40.07: Discourse and identity in Asia and the Middle East
- HEB 10/JWS 16/AMES 17: Introduction to Hebrew and Israeli Culture
- Hebrew 61/JWS 40: Film, fiction and the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Hebrew 63/CL41/JWS 20: From Genesis to Seinfeld: Jewish Humor and its Roots
- AMEL 18/AMES 40.08: Language, conflict and nation-building in Asia and the Middle East
- The Grammar of Modern Hebrew, Cambridge University Press, 1989.
- Product safety information and language policy in an advanced Third World economy: The case of Israel. Journal of Consumer Policy, 19(4), 1996, 411-438.
- Golem: The making of a modern myth. Symposium 55(2), pp. 78-94, Summer 2001
- Hazard Information for Industrial Chemicals: The Development of a Policy. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics 8(1), 2002, 3-22.
- TV commercials for prescription drugs: A discourse analytic perspective. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy 1(2), 2006, 158-184.
- "A Screenful of Sugar? Investigating Prescription Drug Web Sites"(Co-author Jon Schommer), Peter Lang International (2014)
- The Story of Hebrew, Princeton University Press, 2017