2016 Employer Connections Fair
Thank you for attending our 2016 Employer Connections Fair!
Our Employer Connections Fair was a two-day event held on Sept. 20 and 21, 2016. Over 100 employers hosted booths, representing government agencies, non-profit organizations, and companies from a variety of industries.
The fair was open to ALL STUDENTS from Dartmouth College undergraduate, Thayer School of Engineering, Graduate Arts & Sciences and Tuck School of Business. Employer reps came to the fair to discuss their career fields, internship and entry-level opportunities, work environments, locations, application deadlines, etc.
Employer Fair Directory
Our 2016 fair featured over 100 employers. Organizations ranged from nonprofit, education, and environment to startup, communications, health, and consulting.
Click here for the 2016 Employer Fair Directory (PDF)
Please stay tuned for information on the date of our next fair.
Fair Preparation and Tips
Before the Fair: Do your Homework
- Choose target employers. Browse the fair directory in advance and highlight “must see” employers.
- Be knowledgeable about your target employers. Review their websites and position descriptions.
- Have questions. Draft 2-3 questions based on your research that you can ask employer representatives.
- Know your strengths and interests. Be prepared to talk about yourself and what you feel well-suited for.
At the Fair: Be Engaged and Engaging
- Do not bring your resume. Explore now, apply later!
- Make a good impression. Wear business casual attire. Smile, use direct eye contact, offer a firm handshake and show enthusiasm.
- Strike up a conversation. Introduce yourself and start asking questions. Don’t wait for the employer to start talking.
- Collect business cards. Get contact information for the representatives you speak with at each booth.
- Remember what you talked about. Take notes on how and when to apply for jobs or internships.
- Follow up. Within 48 hours of the fair, email additional questions to employers and thank them for their time at the fair.