Spring 2017 Employer Connections Fair
Attend our First Spring Career Fair!
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Place: Alumni Hall & Top of the Hop
No RSVP required
Our first-ever Spring Employer Connections Fair will be held on April 4. Over 50 employers will host booths, representing government agencies, non-profit and startup organizations, and more. The fair is open to ALL STUDENTS from Dartmouth College undergraduate, Thayer School of Engineering, School of Graduate and Advanced Studies and Tuck School of Business. Employer reps come to the fair to discuss their career fields, internship and entry-level opportunities, work environments, locations, application deadlines, etc.
Employer Fair Directory
Stay tuned for our spring 2017 fair directory. Our 2016 fall fair featured over 100 employers. Click here for the 2016 Employer Fair Directory (PDF)
Please stay tuned for information on the date of our next fair.
Fair Preparation and Tips
Before the Fair: Do your Homework
- Choose target employers. Browse the fair directory in advance and highlight “must see” employers.
- Be knowledgeable about your target employers. Review their websites and position descriptions.
- Have questions. Draft 2-3 questions based on your research that you can ask employer representatives.
- Know your strengths and interests. Be prepared to talk about yourself and what you feel well-suited for.
At the Fair: Be Engaged and Engaging
- Do not bring your resume. Explore now, apply later!
- Make a good impression. Wear business casual attire. Smile, use direct eye contact, offer a firm handshake and show enthusiasm.
- Strike up a conversation. Introduce yourself and start asking questions. Don’t wait for the employer to start talking.
- Collect business cards. Get contact information for the representatives you speak with at each booth.
- Remember what you talked about. Take notes on how and when to apply for jobs or internships.
- Follow up. Within 48 hours of the fair, email additional questions to employers and thank them for their time at the fair.