Dartmouth Alums With This Major
- Project Specialist, Wegowise, Inc.
(MA, Dartmouth '09)
- Lecturer-Sculpture, Columbian College of Arts & Sciences
(PA, Dartmouth '06)
- Contributing Art Assistant, O, The Oprah Magazine
(NY, Dartmouth '05)
- Media Coordinator, Project Transitions, Inc. (health)
(TX, Dartmouth '05)
- Fashion Accessory Designer, Linea Pelle, Inc.
(CA, Dartmouth '05)
- Senior Associate, Delivery Management, Organic, Inc.
(NY, Dartmouth '04)
- Artist & Textile Designer, Self-Employed
(ENGLAND, Dartmouth '04)
- Gallery Owner, The Hole
(NY, Dartmouth '02)
- Shop Owner, Etsy
(NY, Dartmouth '01)
- Junior Fellow, Harvard Society of Fellows
(MA, Dartmouth '00)
- Architect, Studio Frank
(CO, Dartmouth '00)
Visit Department Homepage
Students receive a serious and sustained exploration of the creative processes in visual art through a direct and dynamic engagement with visual media and through addressing technical, perceptual and aesthetic issues in a historical and contemporary context.
What is this?
- Using a creative way of critical thinking to problem solve, or to come up with new ideas
- Confidence in expressing yourself in a unique way; whether orally or visually
- Having the ability to work well independently
- Having the ability to work well as a team
- Cultural competency and adaptability
Possible Career Paths
- Art Museums/Galleries
- Fine Arts
- Commercial Art
- Art Therapy
- Fashion, Textile, Interior Design
- Art Sales
< Back to Majors List