Film and Media Studies
Dartmouth Alums With This Major
- Regional Scheduling Coordinator for the Programming Department, Fox Sports Net
(CA, Dartmouth '00)
- Senior Financial Analyst, NBC Universal
- Editor, Sony Pictures Animation
(CA, Dartmouth '98)
- Senior Geologist, Shell Exploration and Production Co.
(PA, Dartmouth '99)
- Director, Barclay's Capital
(UK, Dartmouth '98)
- Designer, Stinkdigital
(NY, Dartmouth '04)
- Designer, Landwork Studio, Inc.
(MA, Dartmouth '98)
- Director - Relationship Management, Tamale RMS, Advent Software
(IL, Dartmouth '98)
- Criminal Appellate Attorney, Self-Employed
(CA, Dartmouth '01)
Visit Department Homepage
Through a wide variety of theoretical courses as well as a limited number of courses in film and video production and screening, the department offers a major which provides a common grounding for all students in the theory, history, and criticism of film and television, while at the same time it asks that students take at least one course with a production component.
What is this?
- Audio/Visual Analysis
- Media Literacy
- Critical Thinking
- Research Skills
- Production project planning and budgeting
- Skills in using analog and digital imaging and sound systems
Possible Career Paths
- Non-Broadcast Video Systems
< Back to Majors List