Career Field: INTERNATIONAL
- International Center, University of Michigan: Work abroad websites and region-specific sites.
- United States Institute of Peace: Research Centers in International Relations.
- Transitions Abroad: A comprehensive guide to working, studying, living and traveling abroad.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Tips for Students: Information on visas for travel, study, or work abroad; how to obtain medical insurance; and how a U.S. Consulate can and cannot help in an emergency.
- Going Global - Country Guides: Includes internships, cultural advice, obtaining work permits, interviewing advice, job search resources, etc.
- The globalEDGE International Internship Directory: International internship opportunities offered by two- and four-year colleges and universities, governmental agencies, non-profit groups, private organizations, and corporations.
- Fellowships in Public Service: Lists post-grad International Fellowships.
- JobsAbroad.com: A ‘composite’ site of organizations that offer placements abroad including teaching, au pairs, and hospitality, typically for a fee.
- InternAbroad.com: A ‘composite’ site of organizations that offer internship placements abroad, typically for a fee.
- How to Avoid Overseas Job Scams
- FHI 360: A nonprofit organization working globally to improve education, health, civil society and economic development.
- Directory of Development Organizations: Lists organizations that offer financial support, market access, information and advice.
- Devex: Largest provider of recruiting services to the development aid community.
- Microfinance Gateway: Research, organization profiles and jobs.
- Accion Emprendedora: Internships with Entrepreneurial Centers, partner companies, Santiago municipalities, and entrepreneurs in Chile.
- Chemonics: Entry-Level Professionals Program - Main client is USAID.
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) (post grad): Teach English abroad in Chile, China, South Korea, Spain, or Thailand
- International Schools Services: Teaching and administrative positions. For teaching, typically requires B.A. in subject and K-12 teacher certification.
- Teach for China: One- to two-year post-grad Teaching Fellows
- TeachingAbroad.net: Advice on conducting a job search and types of international schools.
- LanguageCorps: A comprehensive TESOL/TEFL training, placement and support service for people interested in travel and teaching abroad – various options. Locations include Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Peru, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam.
- Search Associates: Places teachers, administrators and interns in international schools throughout the world *Recruits at Dartmouth.
- International TEFL Corporation: Site for certificate courses for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL).
FUNDING & GRADUATE SCHOOL
|Want More Ideas?
||Make an appointment with a Career Advisor
||Call (603) 646-2215