Skip to main content
About Dartmouth Students
- Thrive in a fast-changing environment. Students quickly adapt to an intensive academic calendar changing four times per year, every 10-12 weeks.
- Become proficient in at least one foreign language. Over 50% of Dartmouth students participate in one of our Study Abroad Programs.
- Offer diversity. Over 35% are students of color. Additionally, significant international representation provides unique perspectives. Academic majors include: African/African American Studies, Native American Studies, Asian Studies, and Latin American/Caribbean Studies.
- Demonstrate a comfort and sophistication with technology that applies across industries.
- Possess strong research and analytical skills; have demonstrated leadership ability; commitment to community service and practical work experience.
- Dartmouth interns are available year-round, each academic quarter, and have interests in all geographic regions.
- Are experienced in taking initiative and working independently to perform in-depth research.
- Participate on diverse teams to identify and solve complex problems.
- Teach and present difficult concepts.
- Possess advanced technical training.
- Are involved in a wide variety of Degree Programs. See Graduate Studies and Thayer School of Engineering.
Last Updated: 6/21/12