Mission: Career Services supports undergraduate students in preparing for-and making informed decisions about-their undergraduate and post-graduate academic and employment plans.
- Access: We provide students with connections to opportunities, resources and networks related to diverse fields of employment and academic programs.
- Career Community: We collaborate with student groups, administrators, faculty, employers, alumni and parents in order to maximize students' access to various career networks.
- Reflection: We engage students in the essential process of self-reflection to assist them in clarifying interests, skills and values; identifying and exploring options; and making strategic plans regarding their future.
- Engagement: We partner with students in an active, educational and outcome-oriented process in order to facilitate their successful pursuit of career goals.
- Inclusiveness: We continually educate ourselves on how best to serve our students, in recognition of their diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves, students, employers and graduate schools to high ethical standards by insisting upon honest communication, fair practice and equal opportunity guidelines.
Learning Goals: Students will be able to:
- Define interests, skills and values which will serve as the foundation for career choices.
- Explore, identify and assess diverse career options.
- Implement effective strategies to achieve academic and career goals.