The following items must be completed in order to be eligible for COSO review.
- We have read and reviewed the "Applying to COSO for Recognition" packet.
- We have read and reviewed the "Prerequisites and Procedures for Recognition and Withdrawal of Recognition" document.
- We have held recruitment and organizational development meetings.
- We have found a faculty/staff advisor. They have signed the "Petition for Recognition" form.
- We have written a constitution and bylaws for our organization.
- We have written a "statement of purpose" for our organization.
- We have completed the "Petition for Recognition" form.
- We have met with COSO advisor and Associate Director of the Collis Center for Student Involvement, Anna Hall.
- We have "Created a New Organization", completed a profile, and submitted all forms through OrgSync. Step-by-Step directions for using OrgSync to "Create a New Organization"
- Go to: OrgSync.com and log in
- At the top, click "Organizations"
- Click "Register a New Organization"
- Choose "Council on Student Organizations" when asked "where do you want to create this organization?"
- Complete Basic Organization Information
- Click "No" to the question: "Are you a recognized COSO group?"
- Complete the "Applying to COSO for Recognition" form. Upload your constitution, the "Petition for Recognition form" and any additional information.
- If approved for recognition by COSO, you will be given access to an organization OrgSync portal.
Questions about the recognition process? Stop by Collis 303 or blitz COSO@dartmouth.edu