1) Go to OrgSync.com
2) Select Dartmouth College as your Campus Community.
3) Click "Sign in with your Campus ID" and you will be prompted to login using your net ID and password.
4) Complete the simple user profile. Note: You can control your "privacy, notification, and account settings at any time under "Manage Account."
5) Join an Organization: Begin by browsing through your community's searchable directory to learn more about different involvement opportunities.
1) Login to OgSync
2) Click "Browse Organizations" and select your organization.
3) Complete Org Profile (must be completed by April 15)
4) Setup Account Groups - Account groups will allow you to setup different access levels to edit different modules and make it easier to target communications to members within your organization.
Note: Default account groups include: Administrators, Members, & Officers. New members of your organization will fall under Members.
Permissions allow organization administrators to dictate which tools each account group will have access to. Grant members any of the following four access levels for each module:
Manage: Full administrative capabilities
Contribute: Members may post content but cannot modify content posted by another user.
View: Members may view content but cannot edit or create
Hide: Members are unable to interact with a module
Note: Tools can be turned off & on to fit the needs of your organization.
Custom join options allows prospective and current members to join your organization in OrgSync. Join options include:
Open: Any user in your community can join an organization
Invitation Only: Send invitations for members to join
Request to Join: Users must explain their interest in joining
Password Protected: Create a password for members to join
5. Write a Welcome Message & Banner for your group
Develop a welcome message that describes your organization and your mission. Utilize the welcome message to introduce OrgSync to your members and prospective members. Create a banner graphic for your organization.
Invite your officers to your organization to begin adding content to your organization. COSO recommends you add the following:
Files: including your constitution/bylaws, minutes, agendas, old funding proposals, etc...
Build online forms and polls
Add events and meetings to your organization's calendar
Create your public website
Add content: Photos, bookmarks, videos
Invite your members: We suggest that you populate your organization's portal first so that your members see an established community upon joining, allowing them to get involved quickly and easily.
All organizations are required to attend a student leader training. To register, please click here
Interested in learning more? Visit the Collis Center for Student Involvement or email COSO@dartmouth.edu
For help with setting up your portal, building a website, and much more, visit the OrgSync HelpDesk
Last Updated: 10/12/15