Process of Submitting a Publication Proposal
|Download the Publication Proposal Form Here
Download and complete the Publication Proposal Form. Your proposal must include a distribution plan.
Attach multiple (2-3) quotes from publishers for printing. Please include prices for various number of copies printed. Proposals without quotes will not be considered.
If you are requesting funds for web hosting, please include the fee information from the hosting site.
- Proposals are due Fridays at noon for consideration at the next Wednesday COSO meeting.
Special Information for Publications
- With recognition, publications have the right to use the publications office in 202-204 Robinson Hall. The office is equipped with computers and other equipment that is needed for publications. This is a shared office and all COSO publications have equal rights to access.
- Go Green Initiative: To encourage the use of online publications, COSO will pay for domain hosting, web design, and provide a $100 incentive per term that no paper copies are printed.
Financial Procedures for Publications - How to get your publication printed:
1) Requesting an Invoice & Purchase Order
- Vendors will require an official Dartmouth College confirming purchase order (which includes a purchase order #) before they will begin printing
- To request, you will need a final quote from the vendor.
- Bring the quote to Collis 303 to either Pat Moss or Cathy Follensbee or email the quote to Collis.Center.Treasurers.Corner@dartmouth.edu along with a request to send a confirming purchase order.
- We will verify that the group has money to cover the cost of printing and will arrange for Procurement Services to send an official Dartmouth confirming purchase order (and purchase order #) to the vendor.
- Once the vendor receives the purchase order paperwork, they will print your publication.
- After printing has been completed, the vendor will send an invoice with the purchase order number on it, and we will process for payment.
2) Using a Purchasing Card for Payment
- Purchase cards may be used to pay for printing if the amount is under $500.
- First, get a final quote from your vendor.
- Request a credit card using Form # 1: Purchase Card Request Form on the COSO Treasurers Corner Website.
- Submit form to Collis.Center.Treasurers.Corner@dartmouth.edu
- Before receiving permission to use the card and print, the financial assistants in 303 will verify that you have the funds in your account.
- DO not have the vendor start printing until AFTER funding has been verified and the purchase card has been issued.