Annual Organization Renewal
Each year, organizations are required to renew their status with the Council on Student Organizations. This will enable your group to continue to have a blitz account, make reservations in campus buildings, use the Dartmouth name, and access funding from COSO. If you do not renew by October 12, 2015, these privileges will be revoked.
Requirements for COSO Groups
Organizations must have:
- at least 10 undergraduate students
- a staff or faculty advisor
- a current (or updated) constitution on file with the Student Involvement Office (and uploaded to OrgSync)
- an email account
- officers who are undergraduate students
Expectations of COSO Groups
- Maintain a Dartmouth email account for your organization that is checked frequently
- Abide by Dartmouth's Principle of Community
- Respond promptly to requests for organization information such as budgets, officer names, or other relevant information
- Use funding responsibly and for what it was intended
1) Log-in to OrgSync and enter your organization portal. You can either log-in using your name (if you are not a member of the group, this will not work) or your organization name and password.
2) On your organization portal main page, there will be an orange box that says: "Your attention is needed! A community administrator has required that you update this portal's profile." Click on the button that says, "update here" Please note: You mmust be an administrator in your portal to complete the renewal.
3) Complete all questions to update your profile. Please press submit when you are done filling out the form.
4) In addition, you must add all members of your organization under the "People" section of your portal. There are three options for doing this:
- Invite them using the "invite people" button
- Ask all of your members to join by going to your portal and clicking "join group" - make sure you have looked at your join settings and that this feature is enabled.
- Send a list of group members to firstname.lastname@example.org and they can be manually added for you.
If you have any questions about the renewal process, please blitz COSO@dartmouth.edu or stop by COllis 303.