Skip to main content
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Payroll Employee Name Changes


What department do I go to request a change in my name?
The Payroll Office processes all name changes for employees.

Top of page


What documentation is necessary for a Name Change?
The Employee Information Form and a copy of the legal document stating the name change are required. One of the following Legal Documents are acceptable to present along with the Employee Information Form:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Divorce Decree
  • State Drivers License

Please note: Your Dartmouth e-mail address will be updated with your new name unless you specify a different preferred professional name. The processing of the name change will temporarily interrupt the ability to send and receive e-mails. If you experience problems sending or receiving e-mail messages for more than 4 hours, please contact your division's IT support office.

Top of page

Last Updated: 5/23/14