Small and Minority Owned Business Goals
The Procurement Services Department actively seeks Small and Minority Owned businesses to provide goods and services to the College. Positive efforts shall be made by Procurement Services to utilize small businesses, minority-owned firms, and business enterprises owned by women, whenever possible. In all cases, however, College procurement decisions are made on the basis of both competitive prices and other essential considerations such as quality, suitability, delivery and service, all in accordance with Dartmouth policy and federal regulatory requirements.
In its effort to seek Small and Minority Owned Business enterprises which meet this standard, Procurement Services will:
Identify Small and Minority Owned Business enterprises in our database as defined by the federal government.
- In our database, if identified on New Vendor Form
- From directories and resources from the Minority Business Development Agency Business Center and the Greater New England Minority Supplier Development Council (GNEMSDC)
- With access to qualified small, diverse, disadvantaged business enterprise affiliates of GNEMSDC
Research Small and Minority Owned Business directories and consortiums to identify potential suppliers for:
- All sourcing projects
- All sponsored projects with Federal funding
- Include Small and Minority Owned Business enterprises when we request bids for these and other sourcing initiatives.
- Attend Small and Minority Owned Business fairs, expositions and seminars when possible.
- Meet with Small and Minority Owned Business suppliers to explain the procurement process at Dartmouth College, and discuss College policy and Federal Regulatory requirements, when identified as qualified potential sources.
- Where appropriate, based upon evaluation and/or bid results, distribute company brochures to College Faculty and Staff.
- When Small and Minority Owned businesses identified appear to be a fit, suggest them to major contract suppliers to develop new contractual arrangements for second tier suppliers.