Professor of Italian and Comparative Literature
Ph.D Northwestern University, 1992 "laurea" in English and Scandinavian languages from the Universita' Statale in Milan, Italy
339 Dartmouth Hall
- 20th century Italian literature and culture; Post colonial studies; Multiculturalism and migrations studies; 19th century Italian literature and history; Italian Film history;
- Italian American literature, history, and film; Autobiography;Feminist theory and women's writing.
- Migration Italy: The Art of Talking Back in A Destination Culture, (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2005)
- Mediterranean Crossroads: Migration Literature in Italy, (Madison, NJ: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 1999)
- Public History, Private Stories: Italian Women's Autobiographies, (Minneapolis and London: Minnesota UP, 1996)
- Special issue of Italian Studies in Southern Africa vol. 8 no. 2, 1995, subtitled Margins at the Center: African Italian Voices
- She has also edited the following volumes
- Multicultural Literature in Contemporary Italy (co-edited with Marie Orton)
- Italian Cultural Studies (co-edited with Anthony Tamburri, Myriam Swennen Ruthenberg, and Ben Lawton)
- Italian Feminist Theory and Practice: Equality and Sexual Difference (co-edited with Ben Lawton)
- Professor Parati currently has three Books in Progress:
- Un-Becoming Fascists: Autobiographical Narratives after WWII.
- Italian Communities in the Age of Migrations.
- The Cultures of Migration, co edited with Anthony Tamburri