Professor of Film and Television Studies and Comparative Literature
318 Wilson Hall
- Avant garde film and poetry
- Women and Third World film
- British film and television
- Animation history and theory
- "The Passion of Montgomery Clift," University of California Press, March 2010.
- "Two Sisters: Animated Films by Faith Hubley and Caroline Leaf," in Women and Experimental Filmmaking, J. Petrolle and V. W. Wexman (eds.), (2005), 193-201.
- "Counterfeit Motion: The Animated Films of Eadweard Muybridge," Film Quarterly, 57:2 (Winter 2004) 15-25.
- "Trapped in a Tomb of Their Own Making: The American Family and Domestic Architecture in Sirk and Ophuls," Filmn Culture, G. Gemunden and E. Rentschler (eds.), 23:2-3 (Winter/Spring 1999) 150-166.
- The Films of Peter Greenaway, (1997).
- Echo and Narcissus: Women's Voices in Classical Hollywood Cinema, (1991).
- "Marlene Dietrich: The Voice as Mask;" "The Face of a Saint: Montgomery Clift and I Confess;" "Re-Producing Muybridge;" "The Beating Human Heart: GE and the Image Archive;" "Constructing a Priest, Silencing a Saint: The PCA and I Confess:" "Dead Animals in Motion: Eadweard Muybridge and the Representation of Animals"