Lynn A. Higgins
Associate Dean of the Faculty for International and Interdisciplinary Studies
Edward Tuck Professor of French & Comparative Literature
Professor of Comparative Literature
309 Dartmouth Hall
(603) 646-3516 or (603) 646-2400
- French cinema
- Women filmmakers
- 20th-century novel
- Literary criticism and theory
- Literature and national identity
- "Bertrand Tavernier," Manchester, England: Manchester University Press series on French filmmakers, forthcoming.
- Studia Filmoznawcze," Tavernier's Doubt, (Warsaw, Poland), special issue on Film and Religion, spring 2004.
- "Lieux de mémoire et géographie imaginaire dans Dora Bruder," Cahiers du Centre de Recherche: Etudes sur le Roman du Second Demi-Siècle, (Université de Paris III-Sorbonne Nouvelle),
- "Screening America," French Cultural Studies (UK), 14:3 (Fall 2003).
- "Women Filmmakers Remember the Occupation" [on Chantal Akerman and Diane Kurys], Modern and Contemporary France (UK), special issue on "Gendering the Occupation," vol. 7, no. 1 (1999).
- "The Barbie Affair and the Trials of Memory," in Fascism's Return: Scandal, Revision and Ideology Since 1980, edited by Richard J. Golsan. University of Nebraska Press, 1999.
- "New Novel, New Wave, New Politics: Fiction and the Presentation of History in Postwar France," Lincoln NE: University of Nebraska Press, 1996. Choice Outstanding Academic Book. Modern Language Association Scaglione Prize for best book in French & Francophone Studies, 1997.
- "Pagnol and the Paradoxes of Frenchness," Identity Papers: Scenes of Contested Nationhood in Twentieth-Century France, edited by Tom Conley & Steven Ungar. University of Minnesota Press, 1996."
- "Rape and Representation," co-edited with Brenda R. Silver (Columbia University Press, 1991 and 1993).