Lord Dartmouth's Cup is a standing vessel of sterling silver, measuring slightly more than 2 feet in height. The cup is borne ceremoniously by the College Usher in escorting members of the Board of Trustees at Commencement and during other appropriate academic occasions. Crown Jeweler Robert Garrard Jr. crafted the cup in London in 1848. The cup was acquired by the fourth Earl of Dartmouth and was subsequently held by succeeding Earls until 1969, when the ninth Earl presented it to the College during Dartmouth's bicentennial.
Last Updated: 6/3/13