Department of Classics
6086 Reed Hall Room 201
Hanover, NH 03755
Past Recipients of the Lester Reid '56 Academic Enrichment Fund
- Katelyn Burgess '13. Katelyn Burgess worked at the Caladinho Archaeological Project in Portugal.
- Benjamin Driver '12. Benjamin Driver studied Greek at Harvard.
- Emily Stronski '13. Emily Stronski worked at the Gabii project in Rome.
- Emma Vance '13. Emma Vance participated in the excavation at Gournia, a Minoan town on Crete.
- Chloe Moon '13 and Jenna Winebaum '13. Both participated in the Idalion project, an archaeological dig on Cyprus.
- Elizabeth Neill '13. Elizabeth Neill presented a paper at the Undergraduate Classics Conference at Miami University (Dayton, Ohio) on Female Figures and Columns in Ancient Greek Art: The Boundaries of the Oikos, and also interned this summer at Boston's Museum of Fine Arts.
- Kasia Vincunus '11. Kasia Vincunas studied Italian in preparation as the Classics FSP assistant.
- Elizabeth Short '12. Elizabeth Short worked on a summer research project.
- Zhenwei Mei '14. Zhenwei Mei attended a month-long, intensive Italian course in preparation for the fall FSP program.
- Jacqueline T. Olson '07. Jacqueline Olson traveled to Rome for a week where she conducted research in museums for her senior honors thesis on the Velletri Sarcophagus.
- Amy R. Bruton '06. Amy Bruton studied Modern Greek for a summer at the School of Modern Greek in Thessaloniki.
- Clare F. O'Keeffe '06. Clare O'Keeffe studied Italian for a summer at the University for Foreigners Perugia.
- Matthew I. Kenney '04. Matthew Kenney participated in an internship at the Ure Museum in Reading, England for a summer.
- Sarah C. Murray '04. Sarah Murray participated in the Anglo-American Project in Pompeii for a summer.
- Ryan B. Samuels '04. Ryan Samuels traveled to Rome for six weeks to participate in Aestiva Romae Latinitas, a program in spoken Latin conducted by Father Reginald Foster.
- James Sham '05. James Sham traveled to Athens, Greece for a winter and study modern Greek, study Hellenistic art at excavation sites and museums, and study modern Greek poetry.
- Anthony Bider-Hall '05. Anthony Bider-Hall attended The Athens Centre in Athens to learn Modern Greek and to study theology by visiting monuments, churches, and monasteries.
- Amanda Herring '02. Amanda Herring participated in the American School of Classical Studies' excavations in the Athenian Agora for a summer.