Department of Classics
6086 Reed Hall Room 201
Hanover, NH 03755
Professor Roberta Stewart
Therese Perin-Deville (Administrator)
Leslie Barrow (Administrative Assistant)
Carol Bean-Carmody (Academic Assistant)
Please join us on Facebook!
Prerequisite: Two courses selected from Classical Studies 1, 4, 6; Latin 3; Greek 3.
1. Two courses in ancient history selected from Classical Studies 11, 14, 15, 17,18, 19 and 31.
2. Two courses in Classical archaeology selected from Classical Studies 20-26; 30.
3. Two courses in Classical languages and literature selected from Classical Studies 2 - 5, 10, and 12, exclusive of the courses selected as prerequisites; courses in Greek or Latin numbered 10 or higher (excluding Greek 11).
4. Two additional courses selected from: all remaining Classical Studies offerings, courses in Greek or Latin numbered 10 or higher (excluding Greek 11); Art History 20, 21, 22, or 25; Comparative Literature 10 (when the content of the course focuses on Classical literature); Philosophy 11.
5. Completion of Culminating Experience Requirement (description following all major and minor requirement listings).
No more than two courses from a Classics Foreign Study Program may count towards the major (four courses can be counted by participation on both the Greek and Rome FSP programs).
Use this worksheet (pdf) to help select courses that fulfill the major requirements. Students are encouraged to meet with a member of the faculty to discuss major and course selections.
Classical Studies major worksheet (pdf) NEW
Participation in either of the Department’s two Foreign Study Programs will meet the requirements for two of the above six courses, one in archaeology and one in history (Classical Studies 30 and 31 respectively).
Use this worksheet (pdf) to help select courses that fulfill the minor requirements. Students are encouraged to meet with a member of the faculty to discuss minor and course selections.
Last Updated: 6/28/13