Leslie Bonaventura '05
Julia Brant '04
Kathryn Christensen '05
Karin Dallis '05
Evan Golden '04
Melissa Henley '05
Sarah Jones '04
Ani Kokobobo '05
Randy Lynn '05
Mike Martinez '04
Sarah C. Murray '04
Rebecca Perkins '04
Elizabeth Vaughan '05
Anais Wheeler '05
Christopher Young '05
To view the Itinerary, please download the following document:
How to Call Greece
In order to call a number in Greece, you need to dial: 011 30, followed by a ten digit number. The hotel list that
follows give the ten digit numbers for all the hotels we have pre-booked in Greece.
Please note that the area code system in Greece was entirely revamped about four months ago, so if you
are using an older guidebook or phonebook, you will need to convert the old number. You can find
instructions on how to do so at: "Greece Gets New Telephone Numbers Yet Again"
All the phone numbers given on this site are up to date and do not need to be converted.
- In 25 - Out 29 Mar. - Achilleas Hotel, 21 Lekka St., Syntagma, Athens
Tel: 210 3233197
- In 06 - Out 07 Apr. - Achilleas Hotel " " "
- In 07 - Out 08 Apr. - Meletiou Hotel, 56 Epaminonda, Thives Tel: 22620 27333
- In 08 - Out 11 Apr. - Discouri Hotel, 7 Zygomala, Nauptilon Tel: 27520 28550
- In 11 - Out 12 Apr. - Galaxy Hotel, Ag. Vasiliou Square, Tripoli Tel: 2710 225195
- In 12 - Out 13 Apr. - Theoxenia Hotel, Andritsena Tel: 26240 22235
- In 13 - Out 14 Apr. - Ilis Hotel, Ancient Olympia Tel: 26240 22547
- In 14 - Out 17 Apr. - Galaxy Hotel, Trion Navarhon Square, Tel: 27230 22780
- In 17 - Out 18 Apr. - Apollon Hotel, 84 Thermopylon, Sparti Tel: 27310 22491-3
- In 18 - Out 19 Apr. - Ephira Hotel, 52 Eth.Antistaseos, Corinth, Tel: 27410 24021
- In 19 - Out 20 Apr. - Achilleas Hotel, Syntagma Athens
- In 27 - Out 30 Apr. - Achilleas Hotel, Syntagma Athens
- In 30 - Out 01 May - Nefeli Hotel, 50 Er. Stavrou, Kavala Tel: 2510 227441-4
- In 01 - Out 02 May - Xenia Hotel, Limenas, Thassos Tel: 25930 - 22105
- In 02 - Out 04 May - Mandrino Hotel, 29Egnatias, Thessaloniki Tel: 2310 526321-5
- In 04 - Out 05 May - Atlantis Hotel, G. Kondyli, Kalmabaka Tel: 24320 22476
- In 05 - Out 07 May - Alexios Hotel, 14 Poukevil, Ioannina, Tel: 26510 24003
- In 07 - Out 08 May - Dioni Hotel, Th Papageorgiou Square, Preveza Tel; 26820 27381
- In 08 - Out 09 May - Galaxias Hotel, 19 G. Kalantzi, Agrinio Tel: 26410 23551-3
- In 09 - Out 11 May - Acropole Hotel, 13 Fillelinon, Delphi Tel: 22650 82675-7
- In 11 - Out 15 May - Achilleas Hotel, Syntagma Athens
- In 15 - Out 17 May - Manoussos Hotel, 25 G. Leontos, Rhodos Tel: 22410 22741
- In 28 May - Out 02 June - Achilleas Hotel, Syntagma Athens
Information for Admitted Students
The following files can be downloaded to your computer by clicking on the name of the file.
Things You Should Know About Before Going
(A list compiled by the student participants in the 2001 trip)
- This is not a pleasure/sightseeing trip. The days are long and usually start with an early wake-up. There is also a lot of academic work including lots of quizzes and an ISP paper. There is not much free time.
- There is a lot of travel time, mostly on buses, but also a decent amount of boat time.
- There is a lot of hiking and general physical exertion. You should be in good enough shape to walk all day (without complaining).
- You will be dirty, tired, and sweaty.
- You will probably be living out of a frame pack for a substantial portion of the time.
- There is very little "alone" time or personal space. You live with the same 15 people for three months.
- You will be staying in hotels that donŐt have a lot of American comforts (no shower
curtains, etc.), but hotels are decent.
- There are no cooking facilities so you will be eating lots of sandwiches, fruit and other stuff you pick up along the way.
- The trip is heavily based on primary archaeological observation (visiting sites and
looking at remains).
- You get to see all of Greece.
- You have access to closed/secure areas.
- ISP paper is tough but doable.
- Greece is an extraordinary country. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.