What to Send
The Deadline for Receipt of Application Materials is December 15.
All applicants for admission to the Dartmouth Graduate Program in Chemistry and associated Dartmouth Graduate Fellowships in Chemistry are requested to submit the following items in support of their applications:
- An official transcript of all undergraduate and of any graduate work completed.
- Three letters of recommendation from scientists in either academic or industrial positions, preferably including letters from research advisors whether or not they are from the applicants' institution.
- The result of the verbal aptitude, quantitative aptitude, analytical aptitude, and chemistry achievement portions of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The chemistry achievement portion is recommended but not required.
- All applicants whose native language is not English and who have not had at least one year's previous study in the United States, Canada, or another country where English is the native language should submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. The Test of Spoken English (TSE) is also strongly recommended, and results should be included if possible.
- Your check payable to Dartmouth College for the US$45.00 graduate application fee.
The above materials should be forwarded together with the completed application form directly to:
Office of Graduate Studies
6062 Wentworth Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3526
You may apply and pay your graduate application fee via a secure site available by clicking here.
back to the main 'apply' page
forward to application materials