Skip to main content
What To Do
- If the student has made a suicide attempt, call 911 for an ambulance, and Safety and Security at 603-646-3333.
- If the student has expressed suicidal ideation or appears to be in a fog or not thinking clearly, they need to be seen immediately. Call Counseling & Human Development (CHD) at 603-646-9442 during office hours (M-F: 8:00 am-4:30 pm) or after hours, call the Dick's House Inpatient Department at 603-646-9440 or Safety and Security at 603-646-3333 and they will connect you with the Counselor-On-Call. You and the Counselor can make the appropriate arrangements for the student to be seen.
- If a student has a few of the risk factors, but denies having suicidal ideation, it makes sense for them to touch base with a counselor. They can call CHD to set up an appointment at their convenience.
- If you are not sure what to do, or how to proceed, call CHD and ask to speak to the Counselor-On-Call.
- If you feel the student needs to be seen by a counselor right away and the student refuses, you can contact the Counselor-On-Call or the Dean-On-Call at 603-646-3333 for consultation.
Last Updated: 10/9/14