PI: Chao Cheng, Ph.D.
Department of Genetics
Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Sciences
Norris Cotton Cancer Center
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
HB7400, Remsen 702,
Hanover, NH, 03755
Email: chao.cheng [at] dartmouth.edu; chengchao12 [at] gmail.com
Office: Vail 710
Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics:
• PhD degree in Computational Biology or Bioinformatcs, or a related field (e.g. statistics, bioinformatics, computer science or quantitative biology)
• Experience in algorithm development
• Experience in the application and development of statistical methods or machine learning algorithms
• Experience in sequence or microarray data analysis
• Demonstratable expertise in R/Matlab/Perl/Python/ and other computational skills
• Knowledge of basic molecular biology
• Methods for the analysis of next generation sequencing data
Please send your CV with publications and the contact information of three references to Chao Cheng, Ph.D.
We welcome all interested Ph.D. students from the Dartmouth Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, the Dartmouth Quantitative Biology Program, or the Dartmouth MD-PhD Proram to contact us about a rotation or future thesis projects. Interested students should contact Dr. Cheng after acceptance.
We have openings for motivated undergraduates with different scientific disciplines (statistics, biology, computer science, etc) who are interested in working in bioinformatics and genomics. Interested students should email Dr. Cheng.