Certificate Program Presented By:
The Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences at
Dartmouth Medical School
The American College of Physician Executives
Dartmouth Medical School invites ACPE's Vanguard members to participate in project-based, post-graduate training at Dartmouth's Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences.
As a candidate for the Certificate of Distinguished Competence, you will:
- Work on self-selected projects of value to you and/or your organization with guidance from faculty.
- Participate in advanced, post-graduate learning to support your project. Courses will be conducted at Dartmouth's campus in New Hampshire and in Tucson, Arizona.
- Obtain Senior Executive Leadership Training in such disciplines as Finance, Quality or Information Technology.
- Receive continuing online mentoring and support from distinguished Dartmouth faculty.
- Obtain additional support, if needed, from ACPE faculty for implementing projects.
- Strengthen the skills that contribute to achieving ACPE Fellowship.
- Earn Category 1, CME credit.
Dartmouth faculty includes distinguished health services researchers and managers such as Mike Zubkoff, PhD, Elliott Fisher, MD, MPH, Jack Wennberg, MD, MPH, William Weeks, MD, MBA, CPE, FACPE, Don Conway, MD, MBA, and Paul Batalden, MD. Each has worked to develop a program that is suited for the special development of experienced leaders.
Candidates for the Certificate of Distinguished Competence will, with the assistance of Dartmouth Medical School faculty, select a project of value to the Candidate and/or the Candidate's organization.
Candidates will attend three onsite learning sessions - two at Dartmouth and one in Tucson, Arizona - to complete advanced study to support their projects. In between the onsite sessions, you will be expected to implement what you have learned in the development of your project. Faculty will be available online to assist you.
Coursework will include the following sessions.
September 10-13, 2007, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire
- Overview of the evaluative clinical sciences
- Statistics for senior executives
- Leading from the top
- Senior executive communication
- Project development and management
November 13-15, 2007, Tucson, Arizona
- Confronting barriers
- Evaluating and presenting your work
- Influencing the change process
June 11-13, 2008, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire
- Final presentations to faculty
- Plan for dissemination of project outcomes
- Certificate presentations to successful candidates
*Tuition can be paid individually or by the organization that benefits from your project. No application is required. Register soon to become one of 18 participants needed to conduct the program. The deadline for registration is July 1, 2007.
To register or download our brochure, visit www.acpe.org/dartmouth.
For more information, please contact William.B.Weeks@Dartmouth.EDU.