Choosing child care is one of the most important decisions parents have to make, and it can often be difficult and stressful. Project staff assists parents by
- Giving advice about what to look for in quality child care, how to check out a child care provider/program and what the state laws regulate. CCP provides referrals - not recommendations - to child care resources and does not endorse any particular program or system of care.
- Providing referrals to specific child care programs which may meet the parents’ and children’s needs, depending on factors such as where families live and work, children’s ages, parents’ work schedules. All identifying information about families contacting CCP for referral to child care resources or for general child care information will stay confidential to referral staff and records. The publication "Child Care and You" helps you define those factors which indicate quality child care situations.
- Assisting parents with any problems or concerns they may have as child care consumers.
- Helping parents access other community resources which support families.
- Our goal at CCP is to offer the highest quality service. Please call and speak with the director if you have a concern to share about CCP services. Vermont residents can also call the Child Care Consumer Line at (800) 649-2642.
Child Care Subsidy Program
There are state funds that can substantially help eligible families with the cost of child care. Check the applicable state links to the right for details; or for more information contact
- In Vermont: The Family Place in Norwich at (802) 649-3268 or (800) 639-0039
- In New Hampshire: Department of Health & Human Services in Claremont at (603) 542-9544 or (800) 982-1001
Vermont's Child Care Consumer Line
The CCCL provides a two-fold service: It is an avenue for anyone to voice concerns about VT child care providers and a place for parents to receive information child care in VT, including public information about specific child care providers. Anyone concerned about children in child care can call the CCCL toll free in Vermont at (800) 649-2642; from out of state, call (802) 241-3110.