Grand Canyon -- Clearing Storm (from North Rim)
Sports - especially hockey. See the Dartmouth Hockey site I set up and maintain.
Blues - I enjoy listening to the blues. Buddy Guy, Bryan Lee, Albert Cummings, and Coco Montoya are my current favorites.
Because of my family situation, I also have a strong interest in Familial Dysautonomia and am on the Scientific Advisory Board for the FD Foundation.
Computer software design - I enjoy the art of human interface design for computer programs and have lead the design of two successful Macintosh software products: Gene Construction Kit and Gene Inspector. I have won a Career Achievement Award in Software Design.
I am very much involved with the men's hockey team here at Dartmouth. I am one of the faculty advisors and also on the Friends of Dartmouth Hockey board.
I try to spend a few days of every trip taking pictures of the area I am visiting. Clicking on the links below will open a new window with a "slide show" of that set of images.
- New Hampshire -- fall foliage along the Connecticut River (10/97)
- Washington State -- Cascade Mountains, Mt. Ranier, Snoqualmie Falls, Yakima Valley (9/98)
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah -- Multilayered rock pillars and expansive vistas. Can you identify "Poodle Rock"? (9/98)
- Lake Powell, Utah -- This used to be Glen Canyon until a dam was built to flood it (9/98)
- Grand Canyon - North Rim -- Sunrise and clearing from an afternoon storm (9/98)
- Zion National Park, Utah -- Awesome, magnificent, inspirational, spiritual, and overwhelmingly peaceful (9/98)
- Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead National Parks, Cliff Dwellers, Arizona -- between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon (9/98)
- Castle Springs and Lost River, NH -- in the White Mountains (9/00)
- New Hampshire & Vermont -- fall foliage (10/00)
- Grand Canyon - South and East rims -- sunset, sunrise, by moonlight, Colorado River (10/00)
- Wupatki National Park and Sunset Crater, Arizona -- black volcanic earth, 1000 year old ruins set against desert colors... and life survives (10/00)
- Montezuma's Castle, Arizona -- cliff dwelling built about 1000 years ago (10/00)
- Cathedral Rock Park, Arizona -- red rocks, green trees, and a lively stream (10/00)
- Sedona, Arizona -- Red Rocks, blue sky, green foliage (10/00)
You can also view some "animated photography" using photographic images.