- All Ivy Environmental Career Fair - Event 3/1/2013,Columbia University, New York, NY
- Biogen Idec - Public Affairs/Community Lab Intern (SUMMER), Cambridge, MA
- California Science & Technology Policy - Fellowship (Apply by 2/28) (1 Year), Sacramento, CA
- Dannon Yogurt - Probiotics Fellowship (Apply by April 1),
- Genzyme (Roche) - Structural Biology Intern (SUMMER), South San Francisco, CA
- Medzilla - RESOURCE, Nationwide
- National Association of Science Writers - FAQ for New & Aspiring Science Writers – ARTICLE,
- National Institute of Mental Health – Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders - Research Assistant (Apply now!), Bethesda, MD
- National Science Foundation - Summer Research Opportunities – Multiple Disciplines (SUMMER), Nationwide
- Potomac Institute for Policy Studies Internship Program - INTERNSHIP (Year-round opportunities), Arlington, VA
All Ivy Environmental Career Fair – Event 3/1/2013 (Columbia University, New York, NY)
Meet with representatives from 60+ organizations hiring for internships and full-time employees. Registration is now open.
Biogen Idec – Public Affairs/Community Lab Intern (Cambridge, MA)
Assist with running the summer sessions for high school students in the Community Lab. Provide basic laboratory preparation and clean up, assist with organizing summer sessions, and provide teaching assistance during the sessions
California Science & Technology Policy – Fellowship (Apply by 2/28) (Sacramento, California)
Fellows are placed in the California State Legislature. Fellows work hands on with policy-makers to develop solutions to complex scientific and technical issues facing California through their interaction with the legislative process.
Dannon Yogurt – Probiotics Fellowship (Apply by April 1)
The $25,000 Fellowship supports the education of a student who shows a strong interest in the research of nutritional and functional benefits of both yogurt and probiotics. It enables a current or incoming graduate student of a science program to enhance his or her academic path in probiotics and yogurt research
Genzyme (Roche) – Structural Biology Intern (South San Francisco, CA)
Refine your research techniques as one of two undergraduate interns in the Structural Biology department of one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases.
Medzilla – RESOURCE (Nationwide)
Find hands-on research internships from organizations including M.D. Anderson, Genzyme, Covance, and Amgen. Site contains opportunities nationwide.
National Association of Science Writers – FAQ for New & Aspiring Science Writers – ARTICLE
Interested in learning more about career opportunities and the work of a science writer? This article provides a great overview of the field and the work.
National Institute of Mental Health – Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders – Research Assistant (Apply now!)
Research the pathophysiology, treatment and prevention of childhood mental illnesses, with an emphasis on bipolar disorder in children. Apply online and forward a letter of interest and resume to: Lizz Reeves, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Dept. of Health and Human Services Lizz.email@example.com Tel. 301-594-1690
National Science Foundation – Summer Research Opportunities – Multiple Disciplines (Nationwide)
Directory of National Science Foundation’s Research Experience for Undergraduates Program. This is a listing of opportunities available for Environmental Science related programs, visit individual sites for program details and application deadlines.
Potomac Institute for Policy Studies Internship Program – INTERNSHIP (Arlington, VA)
Want to be at the heart of the debate about science and technology policy in the US? Assist with research, writing, planning, and organizational activities that support the Institute’s mission to provide a forum for the free exchange of ideas for the purpose of informing public policy.
Make an appointment by calling 603-646-2215