«

»

Jan
22

Intern Stories: Jonathan Gault ’13 on New England Sports Network

Position: New England Sports Network, Intern, New Media Department

Location: Watertown, MA

Short description of what you do: I wrote, edited and posted content to NESN.com. Often this would involve editing beat writers’ articles, editing photos and videos and jumping on trends by producing either articles or photo galleries on hot topics in the world of sports.

Major at Dartmouth: English

1. What was most satisfying about your internship?

It was great to be able to write about sports and have an outlet for my opinions. I also learned a lot while researching content, particularly when I compiled Top 10 lists/photo galleries.

2. What advice would you give to others seeking opportunities in this field?

Read and write as much as you can. Those are the two best ways to make you a better writer, and being a good writer is the best way to get a job.

3. How has Dartmouth supported you in your career development?

Career Services looked over my resume and provided a letter of support for my internships.

4. What do you plan to do when you graduate?

I plan to work as a sportswriter at either a newspaper or a website.

5. What are you involved in at Dartmouth?

I am a member of the men’s cross country and track and field teams, and I am the former sports editor of The Dartmouth. I spend a lot of my free time following sports, reading publications including Sports Illustrated, ESPN The Magazine and The Boston Globe, as well as ESPN.com and Grantland.com.

Permanent link to this article: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~careerblog/2013/01/intern-stories-jonathan-gault-13-on-new-england-sports-network/

wp_list_cats('sort_column=name&optioncount=1&feed=RSS');