- Today is: World Teachers’ Day, Oct 5th!
- United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) – a worldwide educational mission
- Speaker: Tracy Packiam Alloway, Oct 18, 2012 @ 4PM
- Student Volunteer Program – United States Department of Education
- Montessori Education – learn what it is and how to become involved
- Educational Outreach – outreach opportunities available through the Reading Brains lab.
- Success Academic Charter Schools, NYC – several opportunities available through DartBoard
- Reading Brains laboratory – undergraduate and graduate positions available on campus.
- Teacher Education Program at Dartmouth – What the program is & how to apply.
1. World Teachers’ Day, held annually on October 5th since 1994, commemorates teachers’ organizations worldwide. Its aim is to mobilize support for teachers and to ensure that the needs of future generations will continue to be met by teachers. http://bit.ly/VFkGNf
2. United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO); the mission is to contribute to the building of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information. http://bit.ly/QZDOzb
3. Speaker: Tracy Packiam Alloway, Ph.D Dept. of Psychology, UNF
Working Memory and Learning: Why Does It Matter?
18 October 2012, 4:00 PM, B03 Moore Hall.
Refreshments will be served. Open to all.
4. Student Volunteer Program - United States Department of Education. Learn about the work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure quality education is delivered in this country. http://1.usa.gov/QZDVed and http://1.usa.gov/UzlYtE
5. Montessori Education – Member Organizations & Teacher Training Courses (world wide). http://bit.ly/RLrCoA
6. Educational Outreach – there are a number of ways by which students can reach out to the local communities while gaining valuable experience and knowledge of the educational system. Check out the opportunities: http://bit.ly/TlTqST
8. Reading Brains Lab – Department of Education: positions and opportunities available for both undergraduate & graduate students: http://bit.ly/R9QQdY
9. Teacher Education Program @ Dartmouth: Apply early in your college program – applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early to ensure a spot in the program and to guarantee that applicants will be able to fulfill program requirements while enjoying a rich and varied college experience. http://bit.ly/Pjwz9O
For more information on Education as a profession, check out: http://bit.ly/TlTP85
To make an appointment to speak with an Advisor, call 603-646-2215.