- School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston (www.smfa.edu)
- Summer Institute in Art Museum Studies (SIAMS) 2012 (www.smith.edu/siams)
- Berkeley Repertory Theatre Fellowship (www.berkeleyrep.org/fellowships)
- Video Production Internship for Pro Sports (http://www.jobsinsports.com/job-listing/pro-sports-video-production-internship-uniondale-ny-453173252)
- Graphic Arts Internship with Sports Merchandiser (http://www.jobsinsports.com/job-listing/sports-merchandiser-graphic-arts-internship-buckeystown-md-453173234)
- Garmin Communications Specialist (http://www8.garmin.com/careers/communications.html)
- New York Film Academy – Master of Fine Arts Degree Program (http://www.nyfa.edu/masters/)
- 2012 Historic House Museum Internship (www.mmo.org)
- What Does the US Arts Community Look Like? NEA Study Sheds Some Light (http://hyperallergic.com/39376/nea-study-of-artist-wages/)
- Did you know…. Dartmouth Alumni in the Arts/Entertainment Field (http://alumni.dartmouth.edu/alumnicareers)
1. School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston (www.smfa.edu)
Master of Fine Art (MFA) Program: Two year degree awarded by Tufts University.
Master of Arts in Teaching, Art Education (MAT) Program: One Academic year + a summer with the Education Department at tufts University.
Post-Baccalaureate Program: One year program to prepare students for advanced study and a career in the arts.
2. Summer Institute in Art Museum Studies (SIAMS) 2012 (www.smith.edu/siams)
The Summer Institute in Art Museum Studies at Smith College engages liberal arts students in an in-depth, behind-the-scenes, hands-on exploration of art museums. SIAMS is an intensive, hands-on, six-week, co-educational, exploration of art museums and museum work for undergraduates and recent grads.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 2012
3. Berkeley Repertory Theatre Fellowship (www.berkeleyrep.org/fellowships)
Berkeley Rep provides a year-long fellowship program for serious-minded, highly motivated individuals who are ready to embark upon a professional theatre career. Fellows are directly exposed to the Theatre’s daily operations and given the opportunity to provide support for the award-winning company’s ambitious and innovative body of work.
4. Video Production Internship for Pro Sports (http://www.jobsinsports.com/job-listing/pro-sports-video-production-internship-uniondale-ny-453173252)
General office duties, which include but are not limited to: assisting in all aspects of video shoots – from set-up to dealing with talent as well as being a production assistant.
5. Graphic Arts Internship with Sports Merchandiser
(http://www.jobsinsports.com/job-listing/sports-merchandiser-graphic-arts-internship-buckeystown-md-453173234) Our company is looking for an intern in the graphic arts field. Projects and goals will be set and a game plan will be established to help interns achieve and surpass goals. We offer the latest version of most graphic arts software such as Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Quark, and many more.
6. Garmin Communications Specialist (http://www8.garmin.com/careers/communications.html)
In communications, we dream it and create it! We have an in-house advertising agency that handles all of the company’s promotional and communication needs. Included in this department are artists, writers, designers, media buyers, event coordinators, video producers/editors and public relations specialists.
7. New York Film Academy – Master of Fine Arts Degree Program (http://www.nyfa.edu/masters/)
An ideal applicant for the New York Film Academy Master of Fine Arts programs must demonstrate a sincere passion for motion picture storytelling, the ability and desire to collaborate with other artists in a creative environment, and must submit a creative portfolio (Supporting Materials) that illustrate the applicant’s ability to undertake graduate level study, accelerated level of talent and potential for success within the profession.
8. 2012 Historic House Museum Internship (www.mmo.org)
The Mitchell House has been a museum since 1903 and is one of the first historic house museums in the United States established to honor a woman. This internship is for those majoring in or who have a career interest in history, art history, museum studies, historic preservation or the conservation and restoration of decorative and fine arts.
9. What Does the US Arts Community Look Like? NEA Study Sheds Some Light
There are 2.1 million “artists” in the United States, according to the National Endowment for the Arts. The national arts organization has just released a study that examines the demographics of the country’s artists. Check out the article.
10. Did you know…. Dartmouth Alumni in the Arts/Entertainment Field (http://alumni.dartmouth.edu/alumnicareers)
In the Dartmouth Career Network there are 622 Alums who reported working in the Arts/Entertainment Field of Work. Within that field there are the following specialties:
1 = Actor/Personal Trainer
7 = Consulting
8 = Faculty/Teaching (including one here at Dartmouth College – can you guess who?)
1 = Information Services
11 = Marketing/Market Research
14 = “Other”
106 = Performing Arts (including comedian Rachel Dratch).
Log into the Career Network and see what types of work the Alumni are doing these days. Then connect with those in fields of interest and start up a conversation. You never know where it will lead!