Tuesday & Wednesday
Hopkins CenterCheck out the range of employers attending the Employer Networking Fair on 9/27 and 9/28! From Education to Conservation; Marketing to Software Development. Visit the fair and network with employers to learn about differing industries, careers, and opportunities!
TIPS FOR THE FAIR:
Before the Fair: Do Your Homework.
- Choose target employers. Browse the fair directory in advance and highlight “must see” employers.
- Be knowledgeable about your target employers. Review their websites and positon descriptions.
- Have questions. Draft 2‐3 questions based on your research that you can ask employer representatives.
- Know your strengths and interests. Be prepared to offer a summary of your qualifications.
At the Fair: Be Engaged and Engaging.
- Make a good impression. Wear business casual attire. Smile, use direct eye contact, offer a firm
- handshake and show enthusiasm.
- Strike up a conversation. Introduce yourself and start asking questions. Don’t wait for the employer to
- start talking.
- Collect business cards. Get contact information for the employers you speak with at each booth.
- Remember what you talked about. Take notes on how and when to apply for jobs or internships.
- Follow up. Within 48 hours of the fair, email additional questions to employers and thank them for their
- time at the fair.