My Homepage Tab
The goal of the My Homepage is to provide Students with a portal for entering into and navigating through Blackboard.
The following is an overview of what the default My Homepage contains and how to interact with this page.
- Add Module
The Add Module button provides Students with the ability to add Modules to the My Homepage. The default permanent modules are:
- My Dartmouth Courses
My Dartmouth Courses presents students with the listing of all courses for which the Student is enrolled and the Instructor is using Blackboard.
- My Organizations
My Organizations presents students with the listing of all organizations using Blackboard for which the student is leading or participating.
- My Announcements
My Announcements presents students with Announcements from each course directly on the My Homepage. Clicking the link to the announcement will take the Student directly to that announcement within the course it was posted.
To add modules to My Home Page:
- Click [Add Module].
- From the resulting list, click on [Add] for each module you wish to add to the page.
- Click [OK] to finalize the module additions.
- My Dartmouth Courses
Tools provides Students with access to the following tools within Blackboard:
- Course directory for all Dartmouth courses with a Blackboard presence
- Organization directory for all Dartmouth Organizations with a Blackboard presence
- Announcements for all courses and for institutional announcements made through Blackboard.
- My Grades for all courses in which the Student is enrolled.
- Send Email provides quick access to email for each course.
- Personal Information provides the user with the ability to control basic information within Blackboard.
Note: How one’s name appears within Blackboard is primarily controlled by how one’s name appears in Student Banner.
- Editing Module Settings
Many of the modules on the My Homepage have settings that can be controlled by each Student. When a Module has editable settings, clicking on the cog ion to the top right of the module header will produce a settings screen. Just modify your settings and click [OK].
- Moving/Rearranging Modules
The modules on the My Homepage can be rearranged on the page by simply dragging and dropping the module to another location on the page.
- Place your cursor over the module header.
- Click the mouse.
- While holding the mouse button down, drag the module to another location.
Note:A dotted outline will appear on the page indicating where the module will be placed.
- Release the mouse when the module has been placed in the new location.
Want to change the color palette of the My Homepage? Click the Personalize Page button on the top right to select a new theme from the Color Palette Library.