Navigating the Control Panel
There is no separate page for the Control Panel in Blackboard 9.1. Its functionality has been either absorbed into other areas (for example, the ability to add announcements and edit the course menu directly from the course Home Page) or it is located right on the course Home Page, below the Course Menu, in the area entitled "Course Management." All the tools that used to be on the Control Page are located within a sub-menu which can be accessed by clicking a chevron.
- Clicking downward pointing chevrons to the left of Course Management items will expand the items and display the associated sub-menu links.
- Clicking the chevrons to the right of Course Management items will open an sub-menu containing associated feature links and descriptions.
Control Panel Tools Changes
The following bullets describe some of major Control Panel changes for version 9.1.
- Grade Center - by default, Assignment and Test Smart Views are provided. The Smart Views can be turned off (hidden) by opening the view, then:
- Click on the [Manage] button and then Smart Views in the drop down menu
- Next click on the green star in the "Add as Favorite" field for the view you wish to hide
- Then click the [OK] button to save the changes
- Groups - provides additional tools, a self enrollment option, and random enrollment option. Click here to learn more about the Groups tool.
- Users - the user management functions have been compressed into one screen and redesigned to make it easier to manage course users.
- Customization - many of the Course Options menus have been compressed.
- The Manage Tools settings have been moved into the Tool Availability page
- Course Design and Course Entry Point settings are now found on the Styles page
- Most of the Settings options are dispersed across the Guest and Observer Access and Properties pages
- Click here to download a PDF version of this Quick Start guide