Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy CIDRAP
The mission of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy- CIDRAP - is to reduce illness and death from infectious diseases by conducting original, interdisciplinary research and by facilitating public policy refinement and the adoption of science-based best practices among professionals and the public. We focus on timely and emerging issues of greatest significance to public health and strive to create solutions targeted for greatest impact.
We deliver on our mission through:
- Mining and rapidly disseminating comprehensive, accurate, and up-to-the-minute biomedical knowledge with emphasis on practical Internet-based information designed for immediate use in applied settings
- Convening teams of experts to assess current and/or anticipated problems and develop state-of-the-art policy recommendations, program strategies, and/or clinical practice guidelines with emphasis on practical solutions based on real-world experience
- Conducting original, interdisciplinary research on the epidemiology, prevention, and control of infectious diseases
- Providing consultation to government, industry, academic, and philanthropic leaders, and participating directly in the formation of national and, in some cases, international policies and programs
- Offering educational opportunities to professionals, students, and the public
Access restrictions: No restrictions.
Connect to: Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy CIDRAP