Nature and Practice of Science (Bio 125)
1. What is science?
2. Philosophical Views of Hypothesis
3. Logical Aspects of Hypothesis Testing
4. Practical Aspects of Hypothesis
5. Strengths and Limitations of Hypothetico-deductive
6. Strengths and Limitations, continued
7. The Structure of Knowledge
8. The Structure of Knowledge, continued
9. Intellectual Strategies for Creativity,
Innovation and Discovery
A short version of course taught at Unversidad de Santiago de Compostela
Sir Karl Popper
* Course materials borrow liberally,
with permission, from courses of the same name taught by Dan Herms at
Ohio State University (Ent 790) and Jim Miller at Michigan State University.