A decade ago, the American University of Kuwait (AUK) opened its doors. Today, Kuwait's first liberal arts college is an unequivocal success. "Over the past 10 years, we have obtained national and international accreditation for our academic programs, received institutional achievement awards, and won numerous inter-collegial competitions," noted AUK president Nizar Hamzeh. "I am confident that we will continue this path of excellence if we maintain our commitment to our mission, vision and goals."
AUK Chronicle celebrates the school's milestone achievement with a special issue that includes
• a discussion with Dana Nasser Al Sabah, founder and chair of AUK's board of trustees, about AUK's past, present, and future
• a look at AUK's partnership with KidZania, Kuwait's first family entertainment center, which merges role playing with real life
• reflections by AUK alumna Hala Al-Awadhi on her experience as a PR intern during her last semester
• an examination on the practicality of the liberal arts by Dale Eickelman, relationship coordinator of the Dartmouth-AUK Program
• articles on the role of arts and the "Going Green" initiative at AUK
• a Q&A with Rawda H. Awwad, interim dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
Click here to read these stories and more, including testimonials and praise from those who know AUK best, in the AUK Chronicle special issue.
|Interim president and provost Dr. Nizar Hamzeh, the 4th president of AUK|
Last Updated: 4/15/14