May 4, 2011, Historian Moon-Ho Jung will deliver a lecture, "Seditious Subjects: Race, State Violence, and the U.S. Empire," Filene Auditorium, 4:30 p.m. Co-Sponsored by the Department of History, Women's and Gender Studies, and The Leslie Center for Humanities.
- Moon-Ho Jung is Associate Professor and the Walker Family Endowed Professor of History at the University of Washington. His monograph Coolies and Cane: Race, Labor, and Sugar in the Age of Emancipation (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2006) is winner of the Merle Curti Award from the Organization of American Historians, and winner of the History Book Award from the Association of Asian American Studies.
March 7, 2011, I-Hotel Reading by Karen Tei Yamashita. Filene Auditorium, 4 PM.
- National Book Award for fiction, 2010 Finalist presents a multi-media, interactive reading of I-Hotel. Reception and book signing to follow. Copies of I-Hotel and Yamashita's other works will be available for purchase.
- Winter 2011: Please take note of the two courses offered in winter under the Courses link!
- Fall 2010: Please take note of the two courses offered this quarter.
- Asian American Studies welcomes new professor Aimee Bahng who will join the English Department faculty in 2009-2010. Please check this site for additional events and course information.
Last Updated: 4/11/11