Pay Period & Timesheet Dates for 14W
Weeks ending 01/11 and 01/18-DUE 01/16
Weeks ending 01/25 and 02/01-DUE 01/30
Weeks ending 02/08 and 02/15-DUE 02/13
Weeks ending 02/22 and 03/01-DUE 02/27
Weeks ending 03/08 and 03/15-DUE 03/13
(last day of finals is 03/14)
Please read through the entire page.
*NOTE: In order to be paid for providing tutoring services, you MUST complete and submit both the I-9 and W-4 forms to the Payroll Office at 7 Lebanon Street Suite 309 within THREE days of your first work day.
Tutors are compensated at $9/hr by the College if the tutee receives Financial Aid from the College and/or is on a varsity athlete team. Otherwise, payment must be arranged separately with the tutee.
Alternatively, tutors have the option of participating in our Pay It Forward Project, a volunteer program.
If your match qualifies for compensation from the College, you must submit timesheets to us.
It is important for students to know that timesheets must be submitted by the end of each pay period. It is the student's responsibility to turn in timesheets as required by the department (i.e., every other Thursday by noon – or within eight (8) days of working). This is important for three reasons:
(1) Dartmouth College is moving toward an electronic timekeeping system (that does not accommodate late timesheets);
(2) this is the only way students can be paid in a timely manner; and,
(3) if timesheets are held to the end of the term (or later) and submitted when the student is no longer enrolled in courses, Medicare and Social Security taxes are required to be withheld, which reduces the wages the student receives.
Additionally, when timesheets are saved by the student over several pay periods, and submits them all at once, the student is taxed on the *total* wages received for that pay period. The more an individual makes in a single pay period increases the percentage of federal income tax withheld. (Translation – more $$ for the US government; less for you!)
Moral of this story? Start now to manage your time so that timesheets are submitted on time to the Tutor Clearinghouse, or lose some of the money you've worked so hard for!
* If a tutor and a tutee request each other, they may be tentatively matched via e-mail. However, they must also see Holly Potter to be matched in person before the match is considered official and the tutor can be compensated by Tutor Clearinghouse.
* All tutors must attend a training session to be paid the full $9/hr wage. Timesheets submitted before a tutor has attended a training session will be processed at $8.50/hr. (Training sessions are both on Blackboard and in physical locations.)
*IMPORTANT!! You will ONLY be compensated for your tutoring hours once the OFFICIAL MATCH has been made by the Tutor Clearinghouse Staff.
Study group leaders must submit timesheets every two weeks for their 1.5-hour long weekly sessions.
Leaders are also allowed to hold pre-exam review sessions. Leaders will be paid for this work only if confirmed with Tutor Clearinghouse beforehand.
*Timesheets must be filled out every two weeks and submitted to the Tutor Clearinghouse intern at 301 Collis.
*Volunteer Timesheet (to be completed by the end of the term)
*Your timesheets cannot be processed unless the dates written on the timesheets are the specified pair of payroll dates which can be found on the instruction sheet.
These dates are listed in specific pairs that must be adhered to when filling out a timesheet.
*If you are an International Student, you must fill out timesheets whether you are tutoring a student on Financial Aid, a Student Athlete or neither
*If you leave campus before your last paycheck arrives to your Hinman Box, your check will be forwarded to your permanent address or forwarding address on file.
If you have more questions or comments, please e-mail us at any time.
Last Updated: 11/21/13