- All CPs are expected to accommodate up to two hours per week of conversation per tutee assigned and provide these services throughout the term on a one-on-one basis. The rate of pay will be $8/hour.
- CPs are NOT to discuss class content or coursework with the tutees, nor are they to explain or teach grammar. Their sole responsibility is to provide the student with speaking, listening, and communication practice.
- CPs should clearly communicate with the Tutor Clearinghouse Coordinator of any concerns that you may have regarding the match (i.e. conflicting schedules, inappropriate match due to differences in learning or teaching styles, etc.)
- CPs should notify the Tutor Clearinghouse (either by blitz or in person) of any changes in your availability within 7 days of receiving notification of the match or two weeks following a session that results in no follow-up. This will include advising us of tutees who do not appear to need the services.
- CPs must notify the Tutor Clearinghouse immediately when you have experienced a change in your schedule which will adversely affect your CP responsibilities. Changes to your CP arrangement can be made only by the Clearinghouse staff.
1. Fill out the CP application below.
2. Ask your recommending professor to email the filled recommendation form found here to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to be a conversation partner you must be recommended by a professor, even if you are a native speaker of the language.
3. The Tutor Clearinghouse will review your application and recommendation from your professor and will notify you if you have been hired and matched.
4. Your tutee should contact you within a week of the match being made to set up your first meeting.
5. Important Payment Information. In order to be paid, you must:
*Please note that we are using our new KRONOS online timekeeping system!*
Last Updated: 3/9/16