Dartmouth Greek Social Responsibility And First Year Students
Welcome Class of 2018 - we hope you enjoy your next four years!
Dartmouth Greek Social Responsibility and First Year Students Brochure
The goal of the 'Dartmouth Greek Social Responsibility And First Year Students' policy is to promote and increase first year safety during the crucial first weeks of fall term while mitigating the related risks that Greek organizations assume when hosting first year students during this time
- From Thursday 28 August 2014 to Monday 20 October 2014, no First Year student may enter a Greek chapter house EXCEPT during Greek Leadership Council (GLC)-approved substance-free events
- If caught violating this policy, the first year student will be suspended from the recruitment ("rush") process until after completion of the sophomore year
- Repeat offenders may be subject to more serious punishments
- An organization found responsible for allowing first year students into their house will face a fine established by their governing sub-council
- Performances by campus dance groups
- BBQ on the lawn
- Tournaments or pick up games
- Watch football at fraternities on Sundays
- Educational programs
- Movie nights
At Dartmouth, the Greek community is very open to all members of campus, however, we want to ensure that you can ease your way into college without the added stress of an unfamiliar social scene.
You will be able to meet many members of the Greek community and learn about the parts of our Greek organizations that extend beyond social life.
In addition, these first few weeks of your first year will give you the time to truly bond with your class.
First Year Event Resources
Ideas for Hosting First Year Events
Apply for Funding for First Year Events
Evaluation Form for First Year Events