Dartmouth’s vibrant campus life doesn’t take a summer vacation. The year-round academic calendar here keeps classes running and libraries and labs open during summer term. “Sophomore Summer” enrolls the entire class of rising juniors in a full load of summer term coursework; they’re joined by many other Dartmouth undergraduates as well as visiting students from other institutions. Graduate coursework is on offer summer term as well, especially for participants in Dartmouth’s Master of Liberal Arts Studies (MALS) program.
Summer Term enrollees are joined on campus by conference participants gathering in seminar rooms, sports campers filling the playing fields, and visiting scholars, artists, and performers enriching life in Hanover. And it all takes place in Dartmouth’s unmatched setting, with the Connecticut River just down Wheelock Street from the Green, the Appalachian Trail passing through Hanover, and the mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont close at hand.
See the links below for some of the many things that go on at Dartmouth during the summer.
Sophomore Summer is a key part of Dartmouth’s D-Plan. Most Dartmouth undergraduates spend the summer after their sophomore year enrolled at Dartmouth, taking a full load of summer term courses and enjoying Hanover in a beautiful time of year.
Summer at Dartmouth: What’s On?
Academics and Education
Institute for Security, Technology & Society
- High School Summer Programs*
- Secure Information Systems Mentoring and Training (SISMAT)
- Securing the eCampus Conference
Sports & Recreation
- Dartmouth Events Calendar: browse events at Dartmouth
- Sophomore Family Weekend
- Campus Tours
- The Prouty
* Items marked with an asterisk include programs specifically for high-school age or younger students. Please note that many of these programs accept their participants in the spring. Mark your calendars to apply for summer programs in the coming year.