Connect with ITS
ReflectionX requires several steps to install.
ReflectionX is an Xserver program that allows Windows users to run a graphical user interface on a remote UNIX computer. This application is KeyServed and requires KeyAccess be installed on your computer, as well as a connection to the Dartmouth network each time you run ReflectionX.
- Version: 11
- File Name: Reflection11.zip
- File Size: 122 MB
- File Date: January 24, 2005
Download ReflectionX Version 9
For more information related to this topic, see:
Top of page
- After you have downloaded ReflectionX, place the Reflection folder on your desktop.
- If the KeyServer client is not installed on your computer, you will need to download it; see KeyAccess for Windows.
- Open the Reflection folder and double-click the Install or Setup file.
- A window similar to the one below will appear:
- To start the installation process, click the burgundy button to the left of Install Reflection. A window similar to the one below will appear:
- Click Next. The EULA (End User License Agreement) will appear:
Important: Read through the entire license agreement. It is important to know what your rights are and what rights you are giving to the software manufacturer on your computer.
Also see: What Are EULAs and Why Should I Read Them?
- If you agree with the license agreement, click on the I accept the License Agreement radio button, then click Next.
- Your user information should already be filled in, but it can be changed, if necessary. The Organization should be set to Dartmouth College. Leave the VPA Number box blank.
- Click Next.
- Destination folder: Allow the software to be installed in the default location, or if you want to change the directory where ReflectionX is installed, click Browse. To select the Installation Type, select Typical, then click Next.
- To start the installation, click Next.
Note: This step may take 10 minutes or more.
- The following window should appear informing you that the installation was successful.
- Click Finish.
Top of page