Dartmouth requires any device on the Ethernet network to be
registered before it can connect to any network-based resource or to
You must be affiliated with the college (faculty, student, and staff) and be able to provide campus credentials (DND, PKI certificate) to register.
Note: if your machine or server has been configured with a static IP address (i.e., one that never changes), you will not need to register it on the network.
How to Register
- Step 1: On a computer plugged into the Ethernet network, open any web browser.
- If the registration window doesn't automatically appear, try to go to a website that is off campus (e.g. www.Google.com).
- If you have a VPN connection, disconnect from that first.
- Step 2: The first screen you'll see is a registration form.
- Step 3: Review the Dartmouth Computing Policy.
- Step 4: Enter a unique identifier for your computer that you will recognize in a year when you need to re-register the computer, then click Continue.
- Step 5: Enter your DND information (full name and password) then click Login.
- Step 6: Receive registration complete confirmation, quit your web browser (don't just close the window), and wait 2 minutes, or restart