Connect with Computing
Consultants for All Administrative Departments
Administrative departments within the College can access immediate assistance in any of the following ways:
- Go to the IT Walk-in Center in 178J Berry Library (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Call 603-646-2999 (Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
- E-mail mailto:email@example.com (anytime, but responses are only provided during normal IT Center hours)
- Chat via the computing web site (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Administrative departments within the Professional schools should contact the appropriate computing support office for their school.
The IT Support Center group provides support for administrative department. Our services include:
- Set up and configuration of new machines and smartphones
- Installation of software
- Training on common desktop applications
- Troubleshooting software, hardware and network issues
The group is divided into 4 teams:
- The Frontline team – primarily responsible for the call center and walk-in center functions.
- The Software team – primarily responsible for software troubleshooting, virus removal, software upgrades and image maintenance.
- The Hardware team - primarily responsible for deployment and maintenance of hardware, including computer assurance program (standards) computers, public computers, mobile devices and peripherals.
- The Training team - primarily responsible for developing training and documentation.
There are two main areas we do not support:
- We do not support people on systems that are not specific to a person's role at Dartmouth. In other words, if someone in the Film and TV Studies department has a problem with DarTV, we will help; if someone from Computing Services requests assistance because they can't get DarTV to work and the World Series is coming on, we will decline to help.
- We help people with home computers but only as they relate to the applications needed for their role at Dartmouth. If a home computer is infected, the user will be referred to the Computer Store where they will be charged to have the machine backed up and re-imaged.