Setting Permissions for Resources
Setting Permissions for resources is a two step process.
- The owner of the resource needs to log into their account in Outlook.
- Click the File ribbon. Click Open then Open Other User's Folder.
- In the Name field enter the name of the resource.
- In the Folder Types field select Calendar.
- In the navigation bar, in the Share Calendars group, right click on the name of the resource.
- Click Properties from the menu that appears, then click the Permissions tab.
- Add the appropriate permissions for this calendar — making sure to set the two owners identified for this resource with "owner" permissions.
The default for resource calendars is that anyone can schedule them. If you want to change this to limit it, you'll need to follow step two.
- One of the owners of the resource needs to login to http://bwa.dartmouth.edu/ with their NetID and password. Next, click Inbox.
- In the upper right corner of the window, your name will appear. Click on your name, then from the menu that appears, select Open Other Mailbox.
- In the Select mailbox field, enter the name of the resource whose permissions you want to modify. Click Open. You will then be placed into the account for that resource.
- In the upper right corner, click Options then See All Options.
- In the left hand navigation bar, click Settings. Make sure the Resource button is selected.
- In the "Scheduling Permissions" section of the window that appears, in the These users can schedule automatically if the resource is available field, click Select Users and Groups then Select One or More.
- In the box at the top of the center column, enter the name of the first person who can modify the calendar for this resource, and press enter. Double click their name from the list that appears to move their name into the Select field at the bottom of the window. Continue finding names and double clicking them to move them into the Select field, until everyone is listed who should have rights to modify this resource's calendar. Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Click Sign Out in the upper right corner of the window.
NOTE: Users can open the resource calendar by selecting it from Address Book or Room List, making sure the Global Address List and not the Offline Global Address List is selected.