Connect with Computing
Configuring the Blitz System
Outlook 2007 (Windows)
- Open Outlook 2007.
- If you already have an account set up, click the Tools menu, then Account Settings... A new window will appear. Click New, just below the E-Mail tab. Skip to Step 4. If you do not already have an account set up, proceed to Step 3.
- Outlook will ask you to set up a new account. Click Next to continue.
- You'll be asked if you'd like to set up a new e-mail account. Choose Yes, and then click Next.
- On the next window, enter your full name. Example: John B. Doe
- Fill in your official e-mail address. Examples of official e-mail addresses include John.B.Doe@dartmouth.edu for employees or John.B.Doe.firstname.lastname@example.org for students. Click Next to continue.
- You may be asked up to four times to enter your Blitz password. Enter your username in the form of YourNetID@kiewit.dartmouth.edu (example: email@example.com )each time you are asked.
- You should be notified that your account was set up successfully. Click Finish to exit. Your account is now configured.
Outlook 2010 and 2013 (Windows)
- Open Outlook 2010 or 2013 on your Windows computer.
- If you haven't configured Outlook previously, a welcome screen automatically appears. If you have another Outlook e-mail account, click File and select Add Account.
- In the Auto Account Setup window, click the button next to the E-mail Account field, then enter the following information:Your name: Firstname M. Lastname
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., Firstname.M.Lastname@dartmouth.edu) Password: Your current e-mail (DND) password Retype password: Enter your current e-mail (DND) password again.
- Click Next.
- A Windows Connect window opens. The first field will appear as email@example.com; it should be changed to your username in the form of YourNetID@kiewit.dartmouth.edu (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Enter your DND password in the Password field. Check the Remember Password box. Press OK.
Note: A second Connect window may open during the setup process (or later on after restarting Outlook). Enter your username and password as described above.
- You should then be notified that your e-mail account was successfully configured. Click the Finish button. When you open your Inbox, you should see your migrated e-mail messages and folders.
How Do I Add the DND Lookup Tool to My Outlook Application?
Within Outlook, right-click on Mailbox - First M. Last - where First M. Last is your name. From the menu that appears, click New Folder. In the Name field, type DND Lookup, then click OK. Right-click the newly created folder, then click Properties. Click the Home Page tab. In the Address field, enter http://www.dartmouth.edu/dnd/. Place a check in the Show home page by default for this folder field, then click Apply, then OK.
To use the DND Lookup Tool, click on the DND Lookup folder in your mail folders listing. Enter the name you are looking for. Clicking on the name will return the e-mail address. Clicking on the e-mail address will insert that e-mail address into the To field of a new message window.
Outlook 2011 (Macintosh)
- Open Outlook 2011 on your Macintosh computer.
- If you haven't configured Outlook previously, a welcome screen automatically appears. If you have another Outlook e-mail account, click the Tools menu, then select Accounts.... To add an account, click the + sign and select Exchange.
- Enter the following information under Enter your Exchange Account Information:
E-mail address: Firstname.M.Lastname@dartmouth.edu
Method: User Name and Password should be selected
User name: YourNetID@kiewit.dartmouth.edu (example: email@example.com).
Password: Your current e-mail (DND) password
Configure automatically should be checked
- Click Add Account. If you are prompted that "Outlook was redirected to the server autodiscover-s.outlook.com to get new settings - do you want to allow?," click Allow.
- Your account will automatically be set up. It can take up to 45 minutes for e-mail messages and folders to be available for use.
Blitz Web Access
You can use Blitz Web access without any configuration simply by logging into https://bwa.dartmouth.edu/. However, you may want to change some of the default settings to make the interface more to your liking.
To change the settings for BWA, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://bwa.dartmouth.edu/
- Log in using your NetID and password.
- Click Inbox.
- In the upper right corner of the window, click Options then See All Options.
- Click Settings in the left hand navigation bar.
From here you can enter a signature to appear on all e-mail you send, specify the font you want for messages, turn the reading pane on or off, turn "conversation view" on or off, and more.
- Go to Setup on your Blackberry.
- Select e-mail setup.
- Select "Other" to continue.
- Select Exchange Active Sync for the type of account to set up.
- On the next screen, enter your official e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Make up a password of any length and enter it in the password field. DO NOT enter your Blitz password.
- Scroll down to the "Next" button and select it.
- Your account will try to automatically be configured. It should fail. THIS IS NORMAL AND EXPECTED.
- Look for a link that says, "I will provide the settings," and select it.
- Enter outlook.office365.com for the server.
- Enter your NetID along with @kiewit.dartmouth.edu as your username.
- Scroll down and select next at the bottom of the screen.
- After a few seconds, you should get a message saying your account was set up successfully. You can then select if you want to have your calendar and contacts on your Blackberry as well.
It may take up to 20 minutes for messages to appear on your phone. Please be patient.
Android devices can be set up to send and receive mail with the Blitz email system. This document provides the information needed to create a successful connection to the Blitz servers. Although the process of setting up these devices starts in the same way, the actual ordering of the steps and exact terminology can vary from device to device. For this reason, these instructions are not intended to be a full step-by-step guide.
- Enter "Settings"
- Select "Add Account"
- Depending on device, add either "Corp Sync", "Exchange" or "Microsoft Exchange Active Sync".
- The following screens ask for fields labeled as listed here to be filled in as noted. There are two exceptions to entries that are noted.
Enter your e-mail address in the format email@example.com. Exception - Only when first prompted for e-mail in the Android "Corp Sync" account, enter your user name ini the format NetID@kiewit.dartmouth.edu
Leave this field blank
Enter a valid password
Enter your username in the format NetID@kiewit.dartmouth.edu
Leave this field blank
Other Email Clients
- E-mail Address: This is your official e-mail address. For example: John.Q.Public@dartmouth.edu (staff) or John.Q.Public.firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
- User Name: Enter your NetID and domain (e.g., email@example.com).
- Host Name or Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- Make sure you enable SSL security on the account. You may need to specify that the IMAP port is 993.
- SMTP Server or Host or Outgoing Mail Server: The host for the outgoing server is smtp.office365.com.
- Make sure you enable STARTLS or TLS for the outgoing server. (You cannot use just SSL.) You may need to specify the port is 587.
- Your outgoing server requires authentication; use password authentication. If needed, enter your User Name as your NetID and domain address (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org).