Other Entries in Oracle Calendar
In addition to meetings, you can you can create daily notes, day events, or tasks. Daily notes are typically used to remind you of things you need to do over the course of a day. Day events last for an entire day, but do not block time in your Agenda. Daily notes and day events appear in the Notes section of the Day and Week views, and are listed after meetings in the Month view. Several entry features can be applied to these two types of entries.
Creating a Day Event
- Click on the New Day Event icon (flag) or press the [F4] key (Windows) or the [Command-E] keys (Mac OS X).
- Give the event a title, select the date, and add any users' names in the People/Resources tab who should receive the notification of the day event.
- Make any additional changes needed in the Details or Reminders tabs as appropriate.
- Click OK to save.
- Day Events provide a convenient method for intra-office communications. When adding people to the day event, it ensures they will be informed or reminded of the day event. Keep in mind that a user can choose not to keep it in their agenda.
- See Creating Entries in Oracle Calendar for details on adding Details, Reminders and People/Resources.
Creating a Daily Note
- Click on the New Daily Note icon (push pin), double-click in the Notes area at the bottom of the agenda page, or press the [F3] key (Windows) or the [Command-D] keys (Mac OS ;X).
- Give the note a title, select the date, and add any users' names in the People/Resources tab who should receive the notification of the note.
- Make any additional changes in the Details or Reminders tabs.
- Click OK.
Creating a Task
A task represents a project or work item that is ongoing or that must be completed in a given time frame. It is an electronic "to do" list.
Tasks will appear in the Day view of an agenda or can be opened in their own separate window if you work on your agenda in the Week or Month view.
- Click on the New Task icon, or double-click on the white area in the Task section on the right-hand side of the agenda page (Day view only).
- Give the task a Description, select the start and due dates, priority, and any other details that are necessary.
- Click OK.
- You can view your tasks in either the Day View of your agenda or clicking on Open Your Tasks icon in the Tool bar.
- Windows users can click the Open Your Tasks icon in the Tool bar or press the [Ctrl+T] keys. Mac OS X users can click the Open My Task icon in the Tool bar or press the [Command-K] keys.
- To sort your tasks, select Sort By from the View menu.
- You can sort (or view) your tasks by the Description (alphabetical), Due Date, Start Date, Priority, and Completion Level.
Your Oracle Calendar preferences can be used to set up the following:
- How your agenda is displayed.
- How the entries are displayed in colors based on importance, attendance, or ownership.
- A reminder of upcoming events.
- Notifications of new or changed events on your agenda.
Preferences can be set by selecting Options from the Tools menu. Select the sub-menu item that corresponds to the preference you would like to adjust.
Preferences can be set by selecting the Oracle Calendar menu, then Preferences. Select the sub-menu item that corresponds to the preference you would like to adjust.