Public Scanners User Policy
Four scanning stations are attached to public computers
throughout Baker/Berry. Use of these public scanners is on a
first-come, first-served basis. Users have a one-hour time limit per user
if are others waiting to use the scanners. A document on the
desktop tells you how to use the scanners.
Terms and Conditions
- Images scanned at high resolutions are often too large to be sent
as e-mail attachments. Scanning at resolutions higher than 300 dpi can
result in errors. You may need to use file sharing to transfer them to
your computer; see Safe File Sharing.
- Use of the scanning equipment is for academic purposes only.
- Use of the scanning equipment for production work (anything for
personal profit or for the profit of an organization) is strictly
- Student organizations should use the scanner in the Student Activities Office in Collis.
- Use of the scanners must be consistent with the Dartmouth College Information Technology Policy, other relevant Dartmouth College policies, and state and federal copyright laws.
If you have questions: